- Robert Clark, Executive Chef, C Restaurant, & Harry Kambolis, CEO, Kambolis Restaurant Group, Vancouver, Canada
- Phil Gibson, Group Director Perishable for Seafood, Safeway, Inc., San Francisco, California, United States
- Dune Lankard, Founder and Chairman, Eyak Preservation Council, Cordova, Alaska, United States
- Steve Phillips, President and CEO, Phillips Foods, Inc., and Seafood Restaurants, Baltimore, Maryland, United States
- Olivier Roellinger, Vice President, Relais & Châteaux, Paris, France
- Peter Weeden, Head Chef, Paternoster Chop House, London, United Kingdom
Unfortunately, Champions Olivier Roellinger, Peter Weeden and Robert Clark were unable to join us in person but their positive energy filled the room nontheless.
Now in its sixth year, the annual Seafood Champion Awards recognize outstanding leadership in advancing the market for sustainable seafood. Nominated by the seafood community and judged by a panel that includes previous winners, the awards have been bestowed upon individuals, companies and organizations from the fishing, aquaculture, seafood supply and distribution, retail, media, restaurant and foodservice sectors. Winners of this award have influenced the marketplace with regard to the sourcing of ocean-friendly seafood while successfully integrating innovative models to advance sustainability in the seafood industry. The Seafood Champion Awards are presented by SeaWeb’s Seafood Choices program.