Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Meet IndyAct

Over the course of the past two years, sorry, I mean two weeks, that I've spent here in Doha, I have been thoroughly impressed with an NGO called IndyAct. They are based out of Lebanon, and are active in nine Arab and Gulf State countries. IndyAct's executive director and deputy director have worked around the clock these past couple of weeks on the marine proposals up for consideration at CITES. They even helped me translate our red and pink coral event invitation into Arabic, so I have to especially thank them for that (Arabic is such a pretty language).

They're all about the power of the individual, and work on climate, ocean, pollution and women's rights issues. So a big thank you to IndyAct, for all their help over the past couple of weeks, and good luck on your campaigns. I'm sure our paths with cross again, hopefully in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you SeaWeb,
    We are really proud to be working with you.

    Soumar Dakdouk
    Deputy Executive Director
    IndyACT

    ReplyDelete